BodyMap® B+ backrest cushion with lateral supports is highly recommended for people with back and trunk muscle weakness and for everybody who’s in a sitting position for a long time, e.g. in a wheelchair.
The cushion positions the patient and reduces the pressure on the bone eminence, i.e. shoulder blades or vertebrae.
Our positioning cushion also reduces excessive stress on skin tissue which limits the risk of bedsores.
BodyMap® B+ cushion is laminated with high quality elastic polyester.
Optionally, at the customer’s request, the cushion can be equipped with a self-adhesive fabric at the bottom, which makes it possible to attach various elements with the use of Velcro to it. Thanks to that function, stabilizing the patient or mounting the cushion in any place, e.g. in a stroller, chair or car seat, is now possible. Additionally, the self-adhesive function prevents the cushion from moving.
In each of the cushions there is a possibility to make utility holes of any shape and size. The holes allow eg. installation of stabilizing belts, vests, etc.
- Weakness or limpness of paraspinal muscles, the trunk and abdominal muscles
- Back and neck bedsores prophaxis
- “Round back” (kyphotic spine)
- Flat back
- Cerebral palsy
- Poor posture
- Excessive muscles tension (hypersthenia)
- Shaped form lasts for a long time
- Easy to give a demanded shape
- Helps to keep a proper position
- Possibility of mounting the cushion in a wheelchair, positioning chair, chair or in a car seat
- Optional cover made of VISmemo™ thermoactive foam
- Self-adhesive function (optional)