RIFTON HTS TOILET AND SHOWER COMMODE CHAIR
Healthier for children.
Simpler for you.
Time and again, research has shown the necessity of good toileting for children’s health. So we designed the HTS with that in mind. Hygienic, simple and affordable, the HTS promotes the positioning that is ideal and natural for effective toileting. Meanwhile its versatility and simplicity – usable on, over and off the toilet, no tools required – make the lives of caregivers better too.
- The unique design of the optional seat pad opening – open to the rear for larger clients – facilitates clear access for cleaning and hygiene.
- The portability kit provides clients with greater independence – and their families greater freedom to travel.
- Optional molded foam pads for the back and seat provide comfort for clients and easy disinfecting for caregivers.
- Optional gas-assisted tilt-in-space enables the HTS to tilt 5˚ forward for easier transfer and better toileting position, as well as 25˚ back for showering and hair washing.
- On. Over. Off. No matter what your toileting situation or special need, the HTS can meet it with its unmatched versatility:
- ON the toilet, attached with mounting bars
- OVER the toilet, attached to a mobile or stationary economy base
- OFF the toilet with a mobile or stationary base and commode pan
As a shower chair By doubling as a mobile shower chair the HTS eliminates the need to purchase separate equipment for each activity. The optional tilt-in-space model tilts up to 25˚ back; the backrest tilts up to 18˚ back; and the headrest is adjustable to provide the ideal showering position for clients of every size, shape and ability.
On. Over. Off. No matter what the toileting situation, the type of toilet or the special need, the HTS can meet it with its unmatched versatility. It is usable:
ON the toilet. Placing the HTS on any model of toilet, round-front or elongated, enables the client to use the same toilet as the rest of the family. Mounting bars make for easy, secure attachment of the chair to the toilet base. Removal is just as easy, no tools required.
Supportive and comfortable
All straps and accessories that touch the skin have been made with soft, easily laundered materials.
According to research, support and comfort are essential for good toileting for children with special needs. That is why we have paid close attention to designing components that give children a sense of safety, security and support.
The maximum support and comfort are provided by the tilt-in-space base option. Its gas-assisted cylinder tilts up to 5˚ forward for easier transfer, as well as 25˚ back for showering and hair washing.
Reduces clean up
The soft plastic of the splash guard is comfortable for the client and provides an extra measure of security for the caregiver.
Every opportunity to save clean up and make the caregiver’s task easier was pursued in the design of the HTS.
For instance, the unique design of the seat pad opening (open to the rear) facilitates easy access for cleaning and hygiene after toileting.
Grows with the child (or multiple children)
Adjust the backrest. The backrest can be adjusted 6˚ forward (for proper toileting position), 6˚ back and 18˚ back (to assist with showering and hair washing).
Which chair is larger? Surprise: the two chairs in the photo are exactly the same size. One is adjusted to its smallest setting to accommodate a 5-year-old, the other at its largest setting fits an 11-year-old. The HTS fits a wide range of sizes, body types and special needs, allowing room for growth over time or use by multiple children.
Easier lifts and transfers
Lateral transfers are simpler as well thanks to the removable armrests.